Venus

My dearest Venus,

I fear that I have failed you.

This undying love you’ve bestowed upon me

is now plagued by an inexorable disease;

shrouded in the guilt of being human.


A thick blanket that could never keep me warm,

smothers me as I cast aside these aspirations for deceits.

Isolation is the consequential punishment

that came for me whilst I wished for death

beneath a blanket of your midnight eclipse.


I fear that I have failed myself.

Fate has allowed me to expire a myriad of times

as oblivion prevailed

in the same place it left me.


Misty eyes underneath the twilight sky,

witnessing a recurring nightfall

as though it were the first time.


Shadows on the moon dance within chrome lights

sent as a wistful gift from the sun as a promise to reunite.

In lieu of flowers, I too will pray to meet you again

in a dream where the seraphs await my return.


Our stars may cross as though it were the first time,

where this isolation is but a fleeting dream in another life

bleached by the morning sun. Even if only for a moment,

May my light find you once again,

shrouded in the gift of being human.

Comments

Popular Posts