Stardust
My mind would riot while I watched you sleep,
and I slipped into nightmares
while you slipped into dreams.
Convinced in a fate etched in the stars,
but never could we survive the Sun.
As sunlight found me stagnant in bed,
by daybreak you were already gone.
when I could no longer feel your hands.
I placed your memory into a box,
accepting goodbye without saying so at all.
Stories I swore I would never forget,
stardust, trinkets and promises I’ve kept.
Our crossing stars were merely dying comets,
and I slipped into nightmares
while you slipped into dreams.
Convinced in a fate etched in the stars,
but never could we survive the Sun.
As sunlight found me stagnant in bed,
by daybreak you were already gone.
The love I felt in your opalescent gaze
served as a tender reminder
That our happiness was an oath to be kept in my fingers
when I could no longer feel your hands.
Now our tragedy unfolds into a secret
that I am forced to keep but not understand.
that I am forced to keep but not understand.
I placed your memory into a box,
accepting goodbye without saying so at all.
Stories I swore I would never forget,
stardust, trinkets and promises I’ve kept.
Opals, emeralds and gold,
your color-shifting eyes
that I yearned to get lost in until we grew old.
Lost and alone
in your city’s light pollution,
my deep brown eyes
shed glistening diamonds.
Our crossing stars were merely dying comets,
and we wished upon stardust until they had vanished.
Wedding vows forever kept unsaid,
and a love I will one day learn to forget.
Comments
Post a Comment